Schneider Electric Conext XW-MPPT60-150V Charge Controller
- Schneider Electric
Conext MPPT 60 150
Solar Charge Controller
The Conext MPPT 60 150 is a photovoltaic (PV) charge controller that tracks the maximum power point of a PV array to deliver the maximum available current for charging batteries. When charging, the MPPT 60 150 regulates battery voltage and output current based on the amount of energy available from the PV array and state-of-charge of the battery.
The Conext MPPT 60 150 can be used with 12, 24, 36, 48, and 60-volt DC battery systems and is able to charge a lower nominal-voltage battery from a higher nominal-voltage array. For example, it can charge a 12-volt battery from a 36-volt array. This provides flexibility for installers to use longer wiring runs without compromising efficiency. The Conext Solar Charge Controller can be installed (in single or multi-unit configurations) with Conext XW Plus Inverter/Charger(s) or can be used in other solar energy systems where a solar charge controller is needed.
The Conext MPPT 60 150 incorporates a dynamic Maximum Power Point Tracking (MPPT) algorithm designed to maximize energy harvest from the PV array. The MPPT constantly adjusts the operating points of the array to ensure it stays on the maximum power point. It does not stop energy harvest to sweep the array like some other competing products. This feature is beneficial all sunlight conditions, especially in areas with fast moving cloud cover and quickly changing solar conditions.
- Maximum Power Point Tracking (MPPT) delivers maximum available power from PV array to battery bank
- Integrated PV ground-fault protection
- Ultra-reliable, convection-cooled design does not require a cooling fan − large, aluminum, die-cast heat-sink allows full output current up to 45°C without thermal derating
- Selectable two or three-stage charging algorithms with manual equalization to maximize system performance and improve battery life
- Configurable auxiliary output
- Two-line, 16-character liquid crystal display (LCD) and four buttons for configuration and system monitoring
- Input over-voltage and under-voltage protection, output over-current protection, and backfeed (reverse current) protection (warning and fault messages appear on LCD when unit shuts down as a protective measure)
- Over-temperature protection and power derating when output power and ambient temperature are high
- Battery Temperature Sensor (BTS) included − automatically provides temperaturecompensated battery charging
- Xanbus™-enabled network communications protocol (developed by Xantrex)
- Communicates settings and activity to other Xanbus™-enabled devices, such as the XW Hybrid Inverter/Charger, the XW System Control Panel (XW SCP), XW Automatic Generator Start (XW AGS), and other XW Solar Charge Controllers.
- Five-year warranty